The Investigating the Role of Meaning Therapy in People with Suicidal Thoughts and Behavior
Objective: The aim of this study was to review the role of meaning therapy in suicidal people from various domestic and foreign sources in the past few years.
Research method: The present research method was review-library. Thus, the keywords of semantic therapy, suicide and mental disorders in the search engines of Persian article banks including scientific information database (SID), Noormags, Magiran and Civilica and foreign article banks including Google Scholar, PubMed, ScienceDirect and Scopus in the period 2000-2021 was searched and selected articles were selected for this research.
Results: The research findings indicate the numerous studies of domestic and foreign researchers on the subject of meaning therapy. The results showed that different types of psychotherapy approaches, especially meaning therapy, which is more culturally close to our country, can play an effective role in helping suicidal people.
Conclusion: Existential approaches such as meaning therapy can play a useful role in reducing suicidal thoughts and behavior in clients that should be considered in psychotherapy sessions.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of New Findings in Health and Educational Sciences (IJHES)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The journal is licensed under a Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit , provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made . You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.